One of the biggest challenges when it comes to online marketing is attaching a clear ROI to your efforts. Many business owners struggle with knowing that they need to market, but being afraid of just tossing money down the drain.
If you’re already marketing but feeling like you’re just treading water, there are a few questions you should ask yourself to see if your online marketing plan is really working for you. It’s easy to spend a lot of money in the wrong area – each business is unique and just because something works for another company doesn’t mean it will work for yours.
Take the quiz below to find out if your online marketing is really working:
The 10 Steps to Online Marketing Success
- Create customer personas to identify your ideal audience
- Map a clear plan with set goals (e.g., “I want 10 leads a month”)
- Write your content for your customer, not for you
- Ask every new customer how they found your business
- Be able to clearly attach a dollar amount to your online marketing efforts
- At the end of the day, see a greater return for the amount of money you spend on online marketing
- Make sure all of your online marketing works together in support of your goal
- Set up conversion tracking, so you can pinpoint exactly where leads are coming from
- Compete with you direct competitors for advertising, not large corporations
- Chart engagement on social media and your website, so you know what content your audience responds to
Want even more online marketing tips? Don’t miss our “How Do I Measure My Marketing to Calculate ROI?” BuzzCast on April 5. Can’t make it? Catch it anytime after broadcast on our YouTube channel.
* * *
Make It Better
Our Buzz Builders Online Marketing programs will get you found online. And if you’re looking at a new website, our Minneapolis Web Design programs create beautiful and functional websites that get results.