Note: This blog was originally published 12/24/2015, updated 11/29/2019.
As 2019 winds down, lots of people (us included) will be out of the office celebrating the holidays with family and friends. Here are some really funny, clever and snarky out-of-office messages sent this year, courtesy of HubSpot Blogs (full article here).
By the way, BizzyWeb will be closed December 24-25 and January 1. We promise to only use professional and appropriate out-of-office messages, and to reply as soon as we are back in the office. Happy Holidays from the Hive!
Funny Out-of-Office Messages
1) I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.
2) Hi. I’m thinking about what you’ve just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
Still waiting …
3) I am out of the office from mm/dd to mm/dd and will not be checking email. It’s likely your note will be swallowed in a sea of inbox banality, never to be seen again. If you require a response, please re-send your email after mm/dd.
Even then, not gonna guarantee anything.
4) On vacation. Hoping to win the lottery and never return.
So much for passion.
5) I am away from the office right now. Unfortunately, I will be back tomorrow.
6) Some variation on this clever, funny approach:
“I am currently out of the office on vacation.
I know I’m supposed to say that I’ll have limited access to email and won’t be able to respond until I return — but that’s not true. My blackberry will be with me and I can respond if I need to. And I recognize that I’ll probably need to interrupt my vacation from time to time to deal with something urgent.
That said, I promised my wife that I am going to try to disconnect, get away and enjoy our vacation as much as possible. So, I’m going to experiment with something new. I’m going to leave the decision in your hands:
If your email truly is urgent and you need a response while I’m on vacation, please resend it to [email protected]irstround.com and I’ll try to respond to it promptly.
If you think someone else at First Round Capital might be able to help you, feel free to email my assistant, Fiona ([email protected]) and she’ll try to point you in the right direction.
Otherwise, I’ll respond when I return…
This Digital Marketing Guide Will Help You Plan Your 2020 Strategy
Clever Out-of-Office Replies
7) If you’re reading this, Doc Brown was unable to make lightning strike the clock tower, and I’m stuck in 1985. I won’t be able to respond to emails or voicemail until 9ish on mm/dd, or until email is invented — whatever comes first.
This is the one I’m most bummed I didn’t think of first.
8) I am currently out of the office. I have a cell phone, but I will not be giving the number out. If you can guess the number, however, I will take your call.
I support the logic here.
9) 404: Marketing Manager not found.
The nerds will get it, at least.
10) I am on vacation from mm/dd to mm/dd. I will allow each sender one email. If you send me multiple emails, I will randomly delete your emails until it is pared down to one. Choose wisely. Please note that you already sent me one email.
Hope it was a good one!
11) Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.
Brevity is the soul of wit.
12) The email server is unable to verify your server connection. Your message has not been delivered. Please restart your computer and try sending again.
If you receive this message a second time, I haven’t done my job.
Get 20% Off Your 2020 Marketing Strategy!
Snarky Out-of-Office Messages
13) I’m not in the office right now but if it’s important, tweet me using #YOUAREINTERRUPTINGMYVACATION.
I’m actually more likely to check email than Twitter on vacation.
14) You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn’t have received anything at all.
15) I am out of the office until mm/dd. Enjoy the quiet.
… possibly indefinitely.
16) I am currently out of the office and probably out-of-my-mind drunk. Enjoy your workweek.
Please drink responsibly.
17) I cannot handle your emails until I return on mm/dd/yyyy. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
Honesty is the best policy.
* * *
How’s Your Digital Marketing Strategy For 2020?
In this guide, we’re going to walk you through the easy-access ways to get started – from making the most of search engines to buying your first online ads. All the channels will be familiar to you – Facebook, Twitter, Google, email and your own website – but we’ll give you the steps you need to feel confident you’re testing and investing in the way that’s right for you and the growth of your business.
Download the guide and you’ll also get a BONUS offer.
20% OFF YOUR 2020 MARKETING STRATEGY!
Need a new digital marketing or web design plan? We are a Minneapolis SEO, digital marketing, social media marketing, web design and HubSpot inbound marketing agency. Stop on by and get started – and while you’re here, pick up a free honey stick (yes, we love our bee-related theme).