This is an exciting opportunity to join a digital marketing team, in which you can bring your existing skills in WordPress development and HubSpot CMS alongside our existing team of developers, content specialists and digital marketers.
When joining the team, you’ll be working with our experienced strategists, designers, content creators, and developers to develop Inbound lead generation flywheels, HubSpot Templates and HubSpot CMS hosted Web sites.
As a front-end WordPress developer, you’ll take responsibility for the development requirements of some existing and new customers. This often includes the creation, maintenance, and evolution of websites, landing pages, blogs, email and other online assets.
This is a part-time contract position.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement front-end web code – writing clean, semantic code at all times
- Develop new website pages for clients
- Maintain and improve existing websites
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Develop landing pages, emails, and other reusable templates
- Work with designers to review and ensure the feasibility of website designs
- Contribute to the creation of internal libraries, reusable resources, and processes
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve performance of client websites
- JSON API integration
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a web development role
- Previous experience of working closely with designers to realize solutions
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, JSON and APIs
- Experience developing responsive websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Experience developing HTML emails and knowledge of the limitations of this medium
- Experience working with WordPress, HubL or other templating engines
- Understanding of and interest in UX principles
- Working knowledge of XD, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proven ability as a problem solver
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
- Effective time management and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Personal desire to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends and best practices
Desirable Skills and Experience
- HubSpot CMS development experience
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing and/or CMS HubL Design certifications
- Understanding of back-end technologies
- Ability to conduct training with clients
- Hive project management