I gave a talk at the Business Connections series for the North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce today. While it was tremendous fun, packing an overview of three of the biggest social media tools (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) into a half-hour presentation meant that I had to cut out an entire universe of tips, tricks and resources.
For those who are visiting my site for the first time as a result of the talk, welcome! You can connect with me on any of the networks we mentioned by following the links at my social media page.
I also promised a bunch of links and resources here, so here are a few:
And here are a few other links:
- Twitter: How to Get Started Guide for Business People from CIO Magazine
- Overview of links on using Twitter for Business
- Social Media eBook from DuctTape
- Mr. Tweet: How to find great people to follow on Twitter
- 12 Ways to sell social media to your boss
- 9 reasons you need social media in 2009
- Starting out with LinkedIn (e-doc)
- 5 Reasons it’s great to be late to social media
- Ultimate How-To: Grow your social media network (follow the main links on this page, tons of fantastic roundups and links)
- Fox 9 News’ “Facebook: Addiction by Addition” segment from Tuesday, March 10
What other questions do you have, or what would you change about my presentation? What would you like to see for my blogging presentation on March 26? Reply in comments below.