The core technology that makes BizzyWeb sites easy to create, design and maintain is WordPress. WordPress was initially designed as “blogging” software, but has grown through continuous development into a full-featured content management system with enough power to manage your site from a simple Dashboard interface. You simply login to your site, and click a button to create a new post or page.
One of the best things about WordPress for small businesses is that it’s an Open Source software. It’s Free, as are literally hundreds of designs, or Themes, to get you started.
But even though WordPress is free and easy to use, it isn’t that simple to set up. That’s where BizzyWeb comes in. We work with you to create a site that you’ll be able to use immediately to build your business or meet your goals. We load the core WordPress software onto your web server (and if you don’t already have a web host, we’ll host your site as well), help you find the right look and feel for your site, and then tweak the design to fit your needs.
Some of the benefits to small businesses of WordPress, as featured at WordPress.org, include:
- Full standards compliance — Every bit of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards of the W3C. This is important not only for interoperability with today’s browser but also for forward compatibility with the tools of the next generation. Your web site is a beautiful thing, and you should demand nothing less.
- No rebuilding — Changes you make to your templates or entries are reflected immediately on your site, with no need for regenerating static pages.
- WordPress Pages — Pages allow you to manage content easily, so for example you could have a static “About” page that you manage through WordPress, and you can easily create new pages (and edit your home page) with just a few clicks.
- WordPress Themes — WordPress comes with a full theme system which makes designing everything from the simplest blog to the most complicated webzine a piece of cake, and you can even have multiple themes with totally different looks that you switch with a single click. Have a new design every day.
- Comments — Visitors to your site can leave comments on individual entries, and through Trackback or Pingback can comment on their own site. You can enable or disable comments on a per-post basis.
- Spam protection — Out of the box WordPress comes with very robust tools such as an integrated blacklist and open proxy checker to manage and eliminate comment spam on your blog, and there is also a rich array of plugins that can take this functionality a step further.
- Full user registration — WordPress has a built-in user registration system that (if you choose) can allow people to register and maintain profiles and leave authenticated comments on your site. You can optionally close comments for non-registered users. There are also plugins that hide posts from lower level users.
- Password Protected Pages — You can give passwords to individual pages to hide them from the public. You can also have private posts which are viewable only by their author.
- Workflow — You can have types of users that can only post drafts, not publish to the front page.
- Intelligent text formatting — If you’ve dealt with systems that convert new lines to line breaks before you know why they have a bad name: if you have any sort of HTML they butcher it by putting tags after every new line indiscriminately, breaking your formatting and validation. Our function for this intelligently avoids places where you already have breaks and block-level HTML tags, so you can leave it on without worrying about it breaking your code.
- Multiple authors — WordPress’ highly advanced user system allows up to 10 levels of users, with different levels having different (and configurable) privileges with regard to publishing, editing, options, and other users.
Check out our portfolio for some examples!