One of the biggest challenges our clients run into when updating their websites and strengthening their online presence is creating content. Whether it’s writing a blog or the actual text for their website, writer’s block is all too common. Thankfully there’s plenty of help out there to guide you through writing your own content.
We’ve all been there. You talk about your business all day long and know your craft inside and out. But when you sit down to write about yourself or your business, suddenly you’re transported to your first day on the job and your mind is blank! It helps to have guidelines to follow that can help you get pointed in the right direction. That’s what Rebekah Radice writes about in her article 12 Most Innovative Way to Create Content That Gets Shared. To summarize, she gets you thinking about the following:
- What is the intent of your content? Is it to educate and inform?
- What are your competitors writing about?
- Who is your target audience?
- What images relate to what you want to write about?
- What titles do you find yourself clicking on?
- Is your content structure easy on the eyes?
- Is your content going to strengthen your relationship with your connections?
- Is your company’s story relatable to your readers? Share it!
- Does your content have helpful variety? Don’t talk about the same thing over and over again!
- Is content creation part of your daily tasks and scheduled into your calendar?
- Share your industry’s news and your opinion on it.
- What are you doing to build your email list?
Creating content is one of the most important things a company can do. 97% of consumers research products and services online before making the commitment to buy. If you share content in a strategic and helpful way, you’ll position yourself as an industry expert and someone that your customers can trust – and that trust will pay off in better search engine results. Staying in front of your target audience will have a big impact on your bottom line!
Are you wondering if you’re doing all that you can do for your online presence? Contact BizzyWeb today to receive your FREE Buzz Report! Our custom report will show you where you could be spending more attention in your efforts to grow your online presence. Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+ to get updates on all the latest social media news, tips, and tricks!