Are you wondering about how to increase traffic to your website? To get people visiting, coming back, and spending more time on your site, these days it’s all about media content. WordPress has made it easier than ever to produce media-rich blogs by making their newest version WordPress 3.6 “Oscar” available to the world to download. In this blog post I’m going to share with you the 5 new and improved user features you get when you upgrade to WordPress 3.6.
Video, songs, and anything you can post to entertain, captivate, and educate your site visitors is going to boost traffic to your site. Not only is Oscar great for your site visitors, it’s great for your site authors. Two heads are better than one, and four heads are better than two! Oscar loves a crowd, so it’s easier now more than ever to have multiple authors working on a post. Here are the 5 upgrades WordPress 3.6 Oscar offers for users:
- Twenty Thirteen Theme – inspired by modern art, 3.6’s beautiful and colorful layout has a single-column design made specifically for media-rich blogging, making it easier than ever to share your videos.
- Revamped Revisions – now you can scroll through every change you’ve made and see all changes that each author has made. See who changed what and when line-by-line!
- Post Locking and Augmented Autosave – organization is key when multiple authors are working on one post. Authors can have their own autosave stream, which is stored locally as well as on the server, making it difficult to lose changes.
- Built-in HTML5 Media Player – authors no longer need to rely on external media services with the help of Oscar. WordPress 3.6 now has a media player for native audio and video embeds.
- Menu Editor – Oscar is all about being easy to use. The menu editor is much more user-friendly.
Now that you’ve met Oscar, are you ready to learn more about WordPress 3.6? BizzyWeb knows how important education is, so be sure to catch our BuzzBuilder’s call on WordPress 3.6 Oscar! We’ll take you behind the scenes and show you all that’s new with our educational video tutorial. If you’re ready to handle your content reins over to someone else, BizzyWeb can help with that as well. By signing on to our Content Curation program, we’ll take over the blogging and social media for you, reducing your time spent on your social media marketing down to about ½ hour per week. To learn more about how BizzyWeb can help you “generate buzz without getting stung”, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter!