You’ve heard it before (probably from us): in order to rank on Google, you need a blog. And you need to update it. Regularly.
It’s usually at the words “regularly updated blog” that our customers’ faces blanch and the panic creeps in. That’s when we hear:
“I’m not a writer. And besides, I don’t know what to blog about.”
I’ll let you in on a secret: you are a writer. You just don’t know it yet. You have knowledge and skills that your audience doesn’t. That has value. A blog post can be as simple as answering a question.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of 20 questions guaranteed to generate ideas and get your blog rolling:
- What are the top 5 questions customers ask you all the time?
- What questions do prospective clients ask your salespeople?
- What’s going on in the news related to your industry?
- How do you feel about that news? Why?
- Ask 10 people in your company the same question – what answers do they give?
- What advice would you give to your younger self, starting out in this industry?
- Is [INDUSTRY TREND] worth the hype, or is it overrated?
- Find a blog post about your industry – do you agree with this post? Why or why not?
- What are some common mistakes made in your industry? What can people do to fix them?
- Look back at a major company milestone – how has your company changed since then?
- What are the best books related to your industry? Why should people read them?
- What are some “industry secrets” or tips that your clients might not know?
- Did you attend a recent event? What were some of the highlights?
- What are your favorite inspirational quotes?
- What are some myths in your industry? What is the truth?
- Who are influential people that you admire?
- Share a failure – how did you transform it into a learning experience?
- Draft up a list of jargon and industry phrases – what do they mean?
- What are the pros/cons of [INDUSTRY TOOL]?
- Pick a customer – what were they looking for when they came to you? How did you help them?
* * *
If you don’t have the time to blog, let us do the work. Our Buzz Builders online marketing programs generate blogs, emails and social media content for you. We are a team of seasoned marketers that get you found online and increase your customer base.